By SL Wong
This year, we are supporting ‘My Fin My Life’. Its aim is to reverse the shark decline by getting businesses, governments and Malaysians to remove shark’s fin soup from menus. The campaign runs from January – December 2016.
- To sensitise 20,000 restaurants to phase-out shark-fin soup from menus.
- To engage 1,000,000 Malaysians to support the call for ‘no shark-fin soup’.
- To commit 500 businesses to remove shark-fin soup from menu or dining.
What can YOU do?
For our forefathers, serving shark’s fin soup was to show off one’s wealth and generosity. Times have changed. Shouldn’t we evolve with the times and more importantly, with the knowledge? So:
- Refuse the next bowl of shark’s fin soup offered to you and explain to your friends and family why you decided to do so. Make a pledge (http://myfinmylife.com/).
- Commit your organisation to NOT serving shark’s fin soup at functions and get them to make a pledge (http://myfinmylife.com/).
- Getting married or celebrating a big birthday? Serve an alternative to shark’s fin soup and place table-cards to discretely explain why you are not serving shark’s fin (http://myfinmylife.com/). Spread the word online. #myfinmylife on Twitter and Facebook and download campaign materials like campaign logos, information kits, articles, etc. below:
Show your support by uploading these images as your profile picture in Facebook!