Date: 5th June 2016
Time: 8:30am – 1pm
Venue: Visitor’s Centre, Taman Botani Negara Shah Alam
It’s World Environment Day – perfect time to share Malaysia’s biodiversity with you all under one roof!
Come on by our Marine Group booth if you wish to:
* Say hello!
* Wall of Knowledge: Who’s the Marine Group and what is the My Fin My Life campaign all about.
* Sign your pledge to not eat shark fin’s soup
* Craft-a-Whale origami activity for only RM2 or…
* …answer the on-the-spot Shark Quiz correctly to receive a complimentary Craft-a-Whale activity!
* Always wanted to know more about what lives inside a mangrove forest? Get the hardy and handy “Mangroves of Peninsular Malaysia – a guide to commonly seen species” at RM5 each, proceeds to the Marine Group fund for educational projects.
* Fins – Best on Sharks – after discount Ladies T-shirt (RM20) and Kid’s size (RM10).
There will be other Special Interest Groups of MNS Selangor Branch as well: Bird, Nature Guides, Green Living, Herpetofauna (reptiles and amphibians), Cave, and Photography. MYCAT will also be present if you want to find out more about citizen conservation initiatives.
All are welcome. Entrance tickets to Taman Botani Negara Shah Alam costs RM3 for adults and RM1 for children/seniors. Free entry for children under 6 years old. MNS members can enter for free (just remember to bring your membership card.)
* register early for a chance at a door gift
* bring your swimsuit if you want a dip/swim in the swimming pool
* free plant giveaways thanks to the Free Tree Society Kuala Lumpur
* test your Green Living knowledge in an Eco IQ Hunt!
* bird-watching trip at 7.30am by the Bird Group. Registration details are at https://www.facebook.com/events/1725221024433259. The meeting point is at the car park near the main entrance.
* explore the botanical park attractions
Venue is sponsored by TBNSA.