Some words of advice from the Marine Parks of Malaysia…
- Dive carefully with proper buoyancy control in the fragile marine environment.
- Understand and respect underwater life forms; do not collect corals and shells for souvenirs, consider photography instead.
- Obey all the Marine Parks regulations.
- Consider your impact on aquatic life through your interactions; do not litter and feed fishes with unsuitable food or provoke them.
- Anchor your vessels only to the mooring buoys in our marine parks; do not anchor your vessels on the reefs.
- Obtain diving orientation from a qualified local diving operator prior to diving.
- Report on any environmental disturbances or destruction observed during your dive to the nearest marine park centre.
- If you are snorkelling, make use of the rest floats provided by the marine park authorities. They are provided for tired snorkellers to prevent them from stepping on the corals.
- Support marine park activities to help conserve our beautiful marine heritage.